Saturday, March 30, 2013

Let's *Clink* To That

 some reworked personal pieces

I stated briefly in my last post many moons ago that I started making jewellry, using this blog's namesake. So far business has been fruitful with the support of my friends, family, and by word of Carousill instagram. I've been pretty lucky starting out and have even made nice relationships with some suppliers. Things have been moving along and it all came together when I got my custom stamp from Kid Icarus . Right now I'm in the process of building my etsy shop, so that in itself is a journey on it's own, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I can literally feel myself growing up, as this brand comes together. I decided that I don't want to subject Carousill to just jewelry but that I want to present it as an overall lifestyle accessories brand. I feel pretty weird calling my endeavors a brand, but if there's one thing I've learned from working in social media it's that everything you post, or put out there impacts your personal brand (a.k.a who you are!) I even wrote an about summary:

Inspired by nostalgic moments & a childlike wonder of pretty things. 
An object be it piece of jewelry, a candle or that lip balm in your purse is something you subconsiously carry with you through rites of passages, like a wallflower. Each piece I create is made with care, nothing but good ju-ju, and a hope that these accesories will someday accompany someone through their adventures.



Like a carousel, it's a ride that changes motions through every tune, but goes in circles none the less. 
As a child I've always loved going on carousels, they were pretty, fun, and it was the one ride you didn't have to be scared to go on because you just knew you were going to be okay by the end of it. This is how I view life and want to convey this through the things I create. It also helps that my name rhymes with it so I just changed some letters around ;) 


swaggie bags I gave to my guests

I recently invited some close friends over to celebrate a soft launch with me, we had rose wine, fondue and an overall good time catching up, reminiscing of our younger years (we're only 24).









No comments:

Post a Comment