Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Springtime Trends

springtime in winter
I felt inspired to make a fashion post on things that I am currently loving, trends I've been noticing on the streets, and well some items of clothing I've been itching to try and get my hands on. Because I can't necessarily afford $1948278.00 on clothes or accessories I try to keep an eye out for things I can easily D.I.Y. or buy second hand or as my internship coins it "pre-loved". Anyways let me know if you agree or disagree with my picks :)

Embroided collars: Miu Miu did it first with their detachable collars sometime around 2009-2010ish I remember being 21 and wanting one verrrry badly but was not keen on dishing out hundreds for something I could easily make for $10.00. Lately I've noticed that more collars are taking the spotlight with subtle embroidery and even color blocking an entire shirt!

Intense Platform Heels: Platform has and will always be around the benefits of wearing these giant shoes is you get to reach your desired height and the comfort of the platform for the first half hour is well worth it. Not to mention they no pun intended boost an outfit.

Patterns, Patterns, and more Patterns: This season the influx of bright patterns mixed with minimalism is going to be a hit, it not only distracts from problem areas but it's also flattering, with the minimalist approach a lot of girls are opting for a more natural look but with a touch of pop out colour.

Orange: from the lips, nails, bags and clothes this season should just be renamed clementine, it's bold and refreshing but also really stands out with any color you place it with, it's also flattering to any skin tone.

I'm super excited to see what else this season has in store but if I could describe the mix of styles I've been seeing on the streets to the pages of my fashion zines it'd be Betty Draper meets Andy Warhol!

I leave you with the song of the post Don Drummond: Freedom Sounds

No comments:

Post a Comment