Monday, February 27, 2012

My favorite Places and Spaces

The pros about being a commuter is the ability to observe your surroundings without the burden of keeping your eyes on the road and watching out for traffic lights and minding your speed limit. Often times commuting gives you the freedom for the introverted self to let loose. Anyways my point is throughout my years of commuting I've passed by many interesting streets, local shops and behind the windows of the street car, bus, train, and of course the windows of my face ( my eyes). I've seen and analyzed various cultures, and consumer goods from the distant window displays, sidewalks, and if time was fortunate to me I would explore my surroundings and indulge in a new experience. Walking downtown you take in your environment from the smells, to the name of streets, to the people around you, it all contributes to fragments of memories. Since spring is on the verge of emerging and that usually means the abundance of sales I've compiled a list of some of my favorite places around Toronto specifically Queen Street West/Spadina to Streetsville.

1. Kensington Market




Independant, colourfully cultured, strong identity and loyal to the local community are only some of the things I can describe Kensington Market. I've garnered alot of inspiration and ideas just walking along the market, and each shop not only has it's own identity and story but also alot of goods you don't find in your city malls.

2. Fraiche 348 Queen St W







This petite boutique is packed with alot of figure flattering dresses that are one of a kind. Once you enter you're greeted with the in house dress maker, who makes the dresses by way of Montreal. Each item of clothing and trust me I've browsed through them all is not only feminine and pretty but they're also body conscience friendly they cover what needs to be covered and flatter what needs to be flattered, for a reasonable price!

3. Durumi & Chocolate Shoes 416 Queen St W




This boutique is filled with alot of pretty things from Korea although they're two seperate shops in one boutique it's a joint abundance of unique finds. They have decent sales but one of my favorite go to spots in the shop is the accesories section here you'll find one of a kind jewlery pieces at a very decent price.

4. Swirls Cupcakes Streetsville, Mississauga




I've been a Swirls advocate since at least 2006. I literally have no words on how awesome Swirls cupcakes is and have some of the fondest memories. From the gelatos to the seasonal red velvet cupcakes and the light but tasteful icings and cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment