Monday, January 30, 2012

Finding your niche

About 8 months ago I truly didn't know what the hell I was doing with my life, or what direction I wanted to be in career wise. It honestly took a good friend to take me to timmies and on a tissue I wrote down my goals, hopes and aspirations. Although I'm not yet truely doing what I want to do in terms of my career I'm getting pretty darn close. It truely does take patience and the reality is I'm not the only 20 something year old writing down my goals on a used tissue. Alot of 20 something year olds today are not working into the careers they truely want to be in, after university theres a good percentage of students who are in a somewhat career limbo..I know I definitely was. It takes self reflection and maybe some out of town trips here and there to really figure out what YOU want for your life. Miley Cyrus was right..it's all about the climb, and of course some good books and a motivational speech.

A friend of mine recommended Sally Hogshead's Radical Careering, now I'm not one to usually read self-help books very often but this e-book surprised me and is definitely worth the time. It's also incredibly free (just click the link)

Radical Careering by: Sally Hogshead

Larry Smith's inspirational speech (courtesy of another good friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment